Pharmacology for MBBS
2nd Edition ₹1495
Authors: Dr. S.K. Srivastava, Rohan Srivastava
Published by: Avichal Publishing Company
Salient Features of the book are:
- It is written absolutely as per National Medical Commission (NMC) (erstehile MCI) recommended "Competency Based Medical Education (CBME) Curriculum.
- Book is thoroughly updated and competencies are mentioned with specific learning onjectives in each chapter.
- The precise mechanism of action, clinical uses and adverse effects of drugs/drug group with relevant explanation have been mentioned.
- Important facts and reasoning (why/how etc.) are given throughout the text; and also important notes to make certain generalizations and key points.
- New drugs for migraine, diabetes mellitus and newer antibotics etc., have been included and treatment of varius diseases has been updated such as hypertension, tuberculosis, hepatitis and HIV-AIDS based on latest WHO and National guidelines.
- Selected multiple choice questions (MCQs) have been given at the end of each chapter for self-assessment.
Share your review
More about this book's authors
Dr. S.K. Srivastava
Professor and Head, Department of Pharmacology, Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research (SMIMER) and SMIMER Hospital, Surat. He obtained both MBBS and MD (Pharmacology) Degrees from the King George’s Medical College (upgraded to CSM Medical University), Lucknow (UP). An eminent teacher with teaching experience of about 24 years, he has been an examiner for both undergraduate and postgraduate examinations in various Medical Colleges. He was awarded “C L Malhotra Research Prize” for the Best Paper in Pharmacology in 1997.